Now use your creativity, plate them all and serve... They look good trust me !
Well...I do not call all that I am putting here as my "invention" but "Inspired". This is also the reason I call this section as fusion and not authentic. After reading a few recipies if you realize that this was done by so and so in such and such way...very much possible, just that the version written here will be my way of doing it!!! If you like, you can go ahead and add "your touch" to all my food..but trust me I have done enough experiemnt with it before putting it up here !
I am calling it messed up or whatever you want chicken and rice because that’s how I invented it. Heads up, you will need to do a lot of soaking and draining and separate cooking and marinating.
1. Rice – for 2 people, soaked for ½ hour
2. Arhar Daal -3 Table spoon, soaked for 1 hour
3. Red Lentils – 2 table spoon, soaked for 1 hour
4. Resins – 10
5. Black Pepper
6. Olive Oil – 2 spoons
Cook the rice in an open pan with enough water to drain out. Add resins and 1 spoon olive oil when it boils. When cooked drain the water and keep aside. Similarly, cook the lentils together with black pepper, olive oil and little salt. Here salt is used as a softner and not for taste. Drain the water away and mix with the rice. Keep in a hot case or oven so that it remains warm. Alternatively cook it at last.
For the Sauce:
1. Carrot – 1 medium, thick sliced.
2. Capsicum – 2 small
3. Onion- 2 medium, diced
4. Garlic – 10 to 12 medium cloves
5. Chicken Masala and Garam Masala – ½ teaspoon
6. All purpose seasoning – ½ teaspoon
7. Salt – To taste
8. Sugar – 1 spoon
9. Green Chilly – 2 medium hot, slit (optional)
10. Soy – 2 spoons
11. Chilly powder or Flakes – ¼ tea spoon
12. Cheese – 2 table spoon - you can use any spread at home or grated mozarrala or cheddar
13. Butter – 1 spoon
14. Olive oil – 1 spoon
15. Vegetable Oil – 1 Spoon
16. Diced Chicken – ½ of a small breast piece or one thigh section.
Heat veg oil, olive oil and butter in a sauce pan. When the butter melts add the onion and garlic. Stir for 30 secs and add the chicken. Add 5, 6,7,8, 10, 11 . Mix well and cover. Cook in medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes. Add the vegetables and green chilly; mix well. Keep it covered while cooking. It may seem like steamed but trust me it is not. Once you feel that chicken is almost cooked add 2 big cups of water; about 300 ml. Cook till it boils and reduces to 1/3rd of the original qtty. Check for salt and taste. Adjust with what you need. If you are adding anything additional, remember to add another ½ cup water so that the temperature reduces and the taste is infused. Once it comes to boil, add the cheese and wait till it melts. Remove from flame and keep aside.
Note: In place of chicken and water, you may use chicken stock. But my personal advice would be, do not do it.
1. Leg or Thigh – 2 big pieces
2. All purpose Seasoning – 1 spoon
3. Soy – 1 spoon
4. Salt – to taste
5. Lemon Juice – ½ cup
6. Chilly Powder – To taste
7. Corn flour : All purpose Flour = 4:1
8. Oil to fry
9. Bread crumb or Powdered araroot biscuit.
Make cuts in the chicken and mix with salt. Add the lemon juice and coat the chicken well. Add soy, seasoning and chilly flakes. Mix well. Cover and set aside to marinate for about 3 hours.
Mix the flour with water to make a batter.
1. 1 big tomato diced.
2. 4 chillies chopped
4. pinch of salt
5. pinch of thime and oregano
6. olive oil – 1 spoon
Sauté the tomato with 4 and 5 and mix with the green chillies. Keep aside.
Posted by Devlabhi Bora